Mix Up Midweek with Perfect Pulled Pork: The Results
As one of the most favoured ways to eat fresh pork, last Autumn (18 October – 26 November 2021) AHDB helped time-pressed and cash-strapped families enjoy mealtimes that little bit more by focusing on pulled pork as part of the Midweek Meals campaign.
Independent analysis following the campaign demonstrated that:
- Following the campaign, more people agreed completely with the statement “I am able to use pork in lots of meals”
- Following the campaign 78% of consumers are likely to purchase pork the next time they shop
- Following the campaign significantly more consumers agreed pulled pork is a delicious meal option
- Following the campaign 42% of consumers agreed Pork Shoulder is full of flavour (up from 38%)
- The campaign significantly shifted attitudes towards serving pork when entertaining family and friends / for a special occasion
*Source: Campaign evaluation Y5, Two Ears One Mouth, January 2022
Generally within the pork market, in 2021 pork shoulder saw an increase in volume of 4.8%, and total pork saw a 6.5% volume growth versus pre-pandemic 2019 levels. The number of British product lines on supermarket shelves are currently high, and increasingly consumers believe British pork is the best quality pork.
Perfectly timed to coincide with Halloween and Bonfire Night, and the school half-tem holiday, the campaign focused making pulled pork from the pork shoulder joint and the message of taste, ease and affordability. It aimed at consumers who are looking for simple yet delicious family meal solutions. Advertising across out of home (digital screens outside retailers), social media, on demand TV channels, social media influencers and in-store activity all demonstrated how deliciously simple and affordable pulled pork can be.
The consumer facing website lovepork.co.uk features a range of easy recipes that use only a handful of ingredients and a whole host of digital content designed to inspire and educate families on how to cook pulled pork and what to do with the leftovers.
Stay connected on social media
Follow us on our consumer social media channels and keep an eye out for #PulledPork and #LovePork for lots more content and to join in the conversation: